Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #20
xh3nry
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
xh3nry is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by illvialuver View Post
Xhenry-

Yeah you can drop in a sr and call it a day, but the bottom line is the motor is illegal, so that is a big factor for me when considering a engine for a street car. The ka doesn't need compression changed, it only suffers from weak ring seats, and most people who run ka-t run a semi shady re-tuned ecu, now if they had a proper stand alone and equal tuning like the sr, there wouldn't be many problems.

Then when you think of cost, you could have a built ka block and head for the cost of a bone stock sr.

I would like to mention that this thread/ poll is not to debate which is better, but to find out the percentage of people who would be interested in aftermarket ka24 parts made by reputable companies from Japan who already are famous for manufacturing parts for the sr20.
Well technically, ka-t is illegal too because it won't be able to pass smog. It would be cool to have the kat parts more readily available and at a more affordable price though. I think people would really enjoy building their own engine themself rather than swapping a motor. Its just the experience is pretty cool, you know. What i'm trying to say is that people would be less intimidated to go with the kat route.
xh3nry is offline   Reply With Quote