View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 11:28 PM   #51
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore View Post
I got 8kg springs on order, I am hoping they arrive before the 5th of September to try them out that sunday.

I'll stick with the bar's I have for now and see how the stiffer front springs work. I'm joining the league next year so I will have lot's of opportunity to disconnect the rear and also pick up a stock 15mm and try both out. Interesting idea removing it, I guess it makes sense for slow speed sharp corners. I'm use to that kind of thing for wheeling, never would have thought of that for performance after driving my truck down the highway with no bars.
It's common on indy car road course setups to run without rear sway bars. Most people don't really understand how a swaybar works. As the outside suspension is compressed the swaybar is lifting up on the inside suspension and removing weight from the inside tire. This causes uneven loading across the rear of the car and promotes oversteer. The bigger the bar, the more uneven the load is. On a tail happy car like the S13 "upgrading" the rear swaybar is just not necessary.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote