View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 11:12 PM   #47
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Thanks for the comments everyone!!!

Plumbed in this catch can..

Spent a good part of my day adjusting/aligning my front suspension/steering setup. I had to go back to my old tie rods without the built in spacers, the Kazama ones plus the knuckles were giving me an insane amount of angle and it was on the verge of going over center

To make it work with the Kazamas i would have to go very low offset wheels, move the rack forward (or some sort of offset rack spacer) and probably widebody front fenders (which might end up happening at some point...). Anyways it steers, doesnt hit the tension rod but the angle is meh for now

Pulled my plugs out the other day, cylinders 1,3 and 4 looked a bit lean so i decided to get my injectors cleaned, flow tested and blueprinted

Nothing was super out of check or anything so i dont know if it was needed but good piece of mind either way

Took the opportunity to install my oldschool TOMEI fuel rail

Going to try and run it with my OEM FPR to keep things simple, i ordered an adapter that should allow me to make that possible so we'll see how it goes

Heres my adapter that i modified, it was originally to adapt a -6 fitting on to an OEM rail but i flipped it and drilled it out so the OEM FPR could fit in

Picked up some HKS 2-way adjustable pillowball mounts. You can adjust camber and castor with these, they are very cool. You can also flip them from left to right depending if you want to really stand up or lay down the castor angle

Since i have TEIN coilovers i had to drill and tap the HKS top nut

Currently have the castor angle decreased a few degrees from stock

Installed an ARC pipe that replaces the "twin turbo" pipe. Helps with turbo shuffle/flow and increased low end a bit apparently. Also looks cool

I sold my Panasport C5C2 (sizes werent really working for my setup) so i had to get a random picture of all the wheels together before they went to their new home

My old toe arms were very close to the subframe studs and probably would have hit under load so i had to get toe arms with a bend in them.... and new traction rods

And new upper arms..

The Toe and Traction arms are SPL titanium, not very JDM for my car but theyre very nice arms! The Upper arms are Ikeya Formula that were "used on the circuit 3 times" in Japan so they are very mint!

Always wanted a HUD in my car, the OEM nissan one is cool but i would have ran into issues running it with my analog Nismo cluster so i bought a Defi VSD concept unit

Displays all kinds of things if you hook it up to a Defi control unit with other gauges but i will just be using it for RPM and speed

Also you may be wondering what will be replacing the Panasports...

These should be here in ~ 1 week. They are Stich mesh in 17x 8J +5 and 17x9J +11

Still doing more parts buying... This stuff is all on its way still but im too excited so i have to post it lol

Autoselect brake master cylinder. Will give me better pedal feel and also get my brake lines further away from my engine since it is designed for RHD

Bomex aero mirrors. To those who havent seen these on a car they are similar to the RE amemiya mirrors for an FC in the way that they swoop back along the door

R31 GTS-R tappet covers. I really like the "all business" race look these covers have when theyre fitted

2 of my new wheels showed up (1 front1 rear)

The fronts seem to fit pretty nicely, havent test fit the rear yet, will be pretty aggressive... The rear also has a bit of a dent that i will try to pound out, pretty lame

Started work on my covers, these are going to be my little side project for the next while.

Started removing the coilpack cover mounts and casting marks on the "flange" part of the cover

Will also be moving the breathers to the back of the covers, possibly do weld on AN fittings as it will be the easiest

As well as continuing these missing sections of fins (where the crossover pipe on the R31 goes)

Also TOMEI racing hooks. That is all