View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 09:20 AM   #12
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothon View Post
I am going to try to fix a cracked tank and I have a few I want to use the sports tape on to try to prevent from cracking.

I have also always thought about making a little extension for the straps and adding foam tape to them.
They need it! I was just discussing with someone about how it seems kinda dumb the metal straps are directly sitting on the plastic tank. Forces are forces, from statics we can see it doesn't matter how tightly you hold the tank, the force vertical for example of the car moving will apply to the tank through the strap with no damping, full stress, full force.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote