View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 03:10 PM   #15
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
The first thing is to be very very clean, fully clean the tank prep for adhesive. The adhesive prep steps are very important, contact the company regarding the preparation. Its like painting, 99% prep work.

Yes I put down alot of adhesive while applying the tape, and I remember heating with a heat gun while I did that and using a squeegee to flatten the tape out. The kit includes most of the stuff except the heating gun and sports tape.

The tape is used to strengthen an existing non-cracked tank area.
To fix a cracked tank you will also need the special patch they offer with the kit. The patch relies on preparation and proper application like with the tape, but even more important because it must make molecular bonding to the surface which means even more cleanliness and care is required. Before applying the patch it needs some holes drilled to the crack ends to get rid of the spreading and other details.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote