View Single Post
Old 06-07-2023, 12:53 PM   #30
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
I run FEAL in the Silvia drifty boi because I used them in previous cars and they absolutely fucked [see my R32 for proof]. Sure, you can valve and spring any coil and make them pretty good, but what you're really paying for is fit and finish of the product. FA and FEAL are where I went because they physically build, inspect, and dyno in house so when I open the box, I expect no surprises. Odi [FEAL] even takes it a step further and will help you dial the coils in to your car, engine setup, weight, etc. And he offers rebuilds at a very reasonable cost. With all that, I don't know I'd go anywhere else than FEAL. Also, if you're smart, you buy them when they're on sale which happens throughout the year and the price gap [which isn't big] is just about gone.

Just my two cents. No one is 'wrong' and you'll probably get a great riding coil either way, but Odi personally discussing the setup and ensuring they're dial out of the box was worth the extra bread. You make the call if that service means anything to you.

P.S. I also ran FA on my EVO and one of my S13s and have nothing bad to say about them either. Coils ran great, lasted the test of time, and did whatever I wanted them to do. I gave FEAL a shot when they went on sale for my expensive Silvia build and R32 thrash car and I was hooked and am now a lifer. I have BCs in one of my S13s and they're meh. They work but they don't feel quality in the hand and everything looks very China/mass-produced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
looks like feal is also a couple hundred dollars cheaper than fortune. Maybe i'll go feal after all
Like I said I went with Feal because ODI. I was like this dude's been in the S chassis game for almost as long as us with some great success. So I was like it makes sense since he knows the chassis so well. Like Supa said, I went Feal because I got a 2 way with remote reservoir for a damn good steal.

I am still working on the build and its getting close. I want to do a back to back comparison with my Megan Racing with Swifts and Helper springs... Its going to be fun....

I've seen some of the latest builds of FA and they are doing some new interesting stuff on their coilovers such as locking colors like on SPL stuff.... I think its also cheaper because FA may come with radial bearings and with Feal its an upgrade.

If you live in an area where there is no rain or salt, think of getting some torrington bearings, they make a huge difference