View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 01:15 AM   #997
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Update:* SEMA PREP!!! ApLyfe Ep, 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxM3oPpb-jE&t=101s

Also... Shhhhhhhh.... I may have done a thing.... A big thing.* Spent the last couple years buying and selling higher dollar parts and finally reached my goal. Purchased a 5-Speed Sequential Gear box last month.* Sat down with the driver of my new Team in Formula Drift and we went over some Gearing for Wheel Speed and Rear end Ratios.* The whole goal was to solve a few very Huge Issues that were plaguing me...but then Also prepare for the future etc.

The first thing is Strength.* This last season I lowered boost the entire year in order to lower the amount of gear boxes I was going through.* It helped..but then I had to give up power.* With the new gear box... I'll be able to reliably put the power down.* There were a few options but in my opinion they just werent up to the task.* Drifting really is probably the hardest thing you could subject a car to.* Shock load, Rev limit, Heaps of grip (Hence breaking 8 OEM Boxes, seven of those being 3rd gear and one being second gear). But you have to drive aggressively....otherwise you'll be left in the dust by everyone with tq...aka everyone else. My buddy with a semi pp street set up broke an oem 3rd gear down shifting from 4th on the freeway.* He is making good power (540 Whp)...but they are just fragile boxes.* They actually feel really good with nice shifters on them...but It was time to say goodbye and stop destroying Genuine Mazda parts haha.* With the box having close ratios...it'll put me at an advantage over a standard 4 speed because yes maybe i'd have the strength...but I'd have even less useable gear.* If I was going to drop a big chunk of coin...I was going to think it out completely.* Other Boxes..like Cd009...and or T56 etc...* Stronger....but not dedicated Gear boxes.. Heavy, Bulky....Not ideal gearing, and H-Pattern... AAAAnd most of all.. I'd stil need to do all the same hard work.* Plus, adapter plate... A bell housing, possibly source a turbo2 bell... then toss all my alternators and source new ones... trans tunnel mount, rear end reinforcement... Before you know it your 30 hours deep trying to piece together something that will "Work."* And a few people suggested going with upgraded gear sets...in the FD OEM Box.* I'm just not convinced.* If the Drag guys aren't using them for some reason... then there must be a reason for it.* For a car that may see street use...it seems kind of expensive and time consuming.* Is it proven?* Who knows....but the fact that it isn't...could be the answer. So I opted out.* And Went full in on the HGT 5-Speed.* I also went ahead and chose the 26 Spline... Its just a bit more Burly and far more available in a bind for Clutch Discs if the event occurs.* The Box came with a Cast Bell Housing, Hydraulic T/O for the conversion to Push Type, A slip Yoke 1350 Series adapter, Gear Position Display, and my choice of shifter.* There is a New Design that is all Black Billet Alum.... I didn't like it.* I requested the old style Silver with Carbon Inserts and Black Shift knob.* It just looks more quality IMO. I've made my own Transmission Brace and The PPF Will finally be thrown in the Garbage. It's the Bane of my existence...and added Hours onto my Gear Box/Clutch/Diff Swaps.* Total Pain and I can't wait to Get it out of the car.* The Shifter Is center tunnel designed but Remote....Therefore I can offset it up to 15Degrees from the Gear box and it still work fine.**

I'm really looking forward to this guys.* Stay Tuned! More updates soon!

Also..drove the car one last time this past weekend.... Broke 2 Axles* coming up over a long Elevated Right hand turn at Sonoma Raceway.* Weirdest Feeling ever.* Look at that Break

Thanks for the Support guys!!

I'm missing this Forum Hard out!*