View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
RB Bosshogg's r32 GTR and s13 build

R32 GTR build starts on page 4
keep scrolling for the s13, it wont dissappoint, lots of pics

was debating on a "build" thread, but I'm bored as hell in my motel. I don't know where to begin so I'll start from the very beginning. I'll try to make it short and quick. Since the beginning was long ago and no pics because cameras used film back then lol. You young guys ask you parents about film, they probably have some next to the ice trays in the top of the closet lol. I'm going to try and do it as I remember, I'm sure i'll forget a ton of stuff.

1992-
Parents decided to ditch American cars as my grandpa, grandma and uncle were mazda fans (FB and FC rx-7's) and talked them into imports. So they bought a SE hatch from nissan and have been a nissan family since. I was 7 years old at this point in time. This was our family ride lol. Me and lil bro packed in the back. Eventually we got to big for that back seat so they went through numerous pathfinders, frontiers, z32 300zx, 350z, and g35's over the years. The 240 was paid off and two growing boys so they held on to for what came to be my first car.

2001-
Fast forward to when I turn 16, I finally get the choice between my moms 240sx or my grandmas FC rx-7 (big surprise to me) for my first car. I chose the 240 after being into these cars since early teens and playing the hell out gran turismo. It is really the only car I've ever been in to or care about in the states lol(still to this day). Anyways, after the car is officially mine I replaced the normal crap that goes bad. Injectors, cap, rotor, plugs, starter, belts etc. As a poor high school kid, I couldn't do much. I did a hotshot header, random technology hiflow cat, HKS universal muffler and custom 2.5 inch exhaust.

2002-03 ish
After saving up money on highschool income I finally bought my first real modification. Some tein type flex coilovers. Tein was the super hype back in those days. 240's were just getting popular. Most kids in highschool didn't even know wtf a 240 was. There were two others in school but they just drove them, didn't really know they had following. Hell I don't think many people rode on coilovers period back in those days, especially not when they were 17-18 years old lol. I also bought some cheap ass Tenzo wheels lol. They were teh sportmax of that time.

2003-04-05

Graduate highschool, get real job yada yada yada. This is when i start to move forward a little. While working a "real" job and still living in the parents basement as 18-19 year old kid. By this time my 240 had gotten beat and battered to hell. A few people ran into me, I crashed once, etc. Typical learning to drive BS. So I purchased a 1993 base model coupe and swapped the coils onto it.

The only problem was, I hated coupes. Ugly piles of junk. The only way I could make this car work for me was to get silvia front. So I hit up pandagarage and ordered one asap.

also as any bored kid does, I started removing interior.

I figured I had a front end so I might as well focus on cleaning the car up and replacing worn our suspension pieces.

spl tension rods and aluminum subframe bushings

nismo power brace

carbing strut bar

nice welds lol

cusco RUCA

cusco traction rod

cusco rear toe rod

hubs

at this point I was ready for good wheels and ditch the 4 luggers. So I hit up panda garage again and got some r32 GTR wheels.

They were used and dirty.

So I put in work and freshened them up. (literally 24 hours of wet sanding/scuffing till my fingers bled)

My uncle did body work so he gave them a fresh respray.

got them mounted and balanced they look clean as new

I was still focused on cleaning the car up and making it look decent. The rear bumper was beat up, the trunk was warped, and I had a little mishap in the snowy weather on the way to work and smashed the rear quarter panel.

picked up silvia trunk lock from panda garage as well

New OEM quarter panel

New OEM rear bumper

bought carbonfiber trunk

primed it

painted it black

Also my silvia hood was damaged in shipping. So I needed a new one. So I went out and ordered a JUN hood and went ahead and got the grill with it. Took 4 months to get as they are made upon order. The quality is amazing. I have never seen another one of either or even heard of another person owning either these products. Not sure how many are over here, the grill maybe, as it is quite a bit cheaper than the hood.

At this point I wanted an exhaust as the stock one was leaky and looked like ass. So I picked up a KTS titanium exhaust from SPL parts. Believe there are like 3 in the country and were discontinued before KTS really even got that popular. Not the lightest Ti exhaust, but it's still F'ing light. Spear chucking light.

So as you can see I was accumulating quite the parts collection. My room was filling up fast.

So I had picked up a new daily driver and now I could start doing work to the car.

Started doing body work and getting pieces painted. Shaving the body line.

front bumper all repaired up and painted.

rear bumper

door, in my young age I wasn't planning running a interior, just painted finish.

Last edited by BossHogg; 12-20-2014 at 05:58 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links