View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 09:38 PM   #21
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Been a little while since I've updated. We have been steadily doing the bodywork on the car. I have some experience with fiberglass work and small dents but I have never took on this scale of bodywork. It is extremely tedious!

I took the day today to pull the windshield and lay down some primer. By now the rear over fenders have been riveted on and the car was raised about 2" all around to allow for some clearance.

First thing was to get the windshield removed. Was a bit of a PITA but with some choice words and some elbow grease it made its way to the trash bin.

Found some surface rust underneath the sealer that needed to be addressed. Took the wire wheel to it and sprayed on some rust preventing primer.

After that was done we went ahead and got the car all masked up and ready for the primer.

Spent the rest of the night laying down the primer. I am using European coatings high build primer and it has laid down very nice and covered quite a bit.

It'll dry for 24-48 hrs. next up is to finish fixing the bomex rear valence and prime all of the aero. Then some block sanding and wet sanding and we should be good for paint.