View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #74
Suprareal
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Suprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enoughSuprareal will become famous soon enough
My first guess to why the motor wasn't boosting like it should was pointing at the fuel pump since it was abnormally loud. When i pulled it, it was obvious. I drained the gas tank before starting the car for the first time so im assuming this was old fuel stuck to the walls of the tank and the sloshing around of the new fuel is washing it off.
I through a new sock filter on and the pump is now quieter and boost feels much better. Might get clogged again the same way until the tank is cleaner but i will deal with it.

Ive now put around 90 miles on it and havent ran into any other problems. Drives very smooth.

One of the next things im fixing is the alignment of the front end as you can see the RH side sags low and there are gaps on the hood area. Ill be making a basic bash bar for it.

I have absolutely no misfires but the car likes to back fire on very slow decel. (slowing down in gear to a stop) Sometimes small in pipe flames and sometimes for feet like this. I'm assuming its just leaning out to clean out but i don't have a wide band right now to see.

Suprareal is offline   Reply With Quote