View Single Post
Old 04-14-2022, 03:50 AM   #166
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
I definitely bought my 240 "late" compared to most people that keep them for an extended period of time (2013) but I always laugh, because we see more skylines on the road then 240's (atleast in new england). I got half jokingly offered 30K for my coupe last summer by someone who I've known for years, and I politely declined without hesitation.

While we all laugh / cringe at the asking price of these cars, day in and day out, it does make more sense even though I don't like to admit it. Sure, people are price gouging. But some of these cars, you couldn't replicate for the dollar anymore, especially after all of the JDM parts social media pages popped up, re-selling things from overseas. I bought a set of bricks not even 5 years ago with a big letter grille for $250. Traded the bricks for my Ganadors. Both items are now $1000+ in good condition. So, I can see how the market value of the cars is rising.

5 or so years back when 350Z's were still affordable, I made a joke to my buddy about how we should just buy 10 and let them sit in storage because we never did it with 240's and should have. I regret not doing this.

On the subject of part out cars, I think we're all on the same page. I've bought a few, sold a lot of the aftermarket stuff, and then gotten rid of the chassis. But proud to say they all left my drive way in rolling, savable condition...whatever happened next, isn't on me.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote