View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 07:09 PM   #11
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Not sure. The DET ecu has the coil drivers. The DE ecu does not

Also, if the CAS wheel is different and the optical pickup is different it won't work

P.s DE and DET engines are almost identical external sans the ports for the oil and coolant feed being tapped on the DET as opposed to the DE where they are not. Valve cover is raw/khaki color as opposed to painted on the DET. He may had had a converted DE to DET and not have know...or got it from a random parts stash. Who knows lol

Everything else bolts up. CAS in place of the dizzy. Etc
Well here is what I am wondering and may never know... Many OEM ecu have backup/failsafe for running an engine without camshaft sensors. For example my 4.8/5.3L LS oem ecu can run on a crank-trigger alone without the camshaft sensor, it simply makes a guess when you first try to start and you get a loud backfire "BANG" on first attempt, second try it starts up and runs fine. The crank trigger is priority for determining piston position, the cam sensor is just for quickly identifying whether you are on compressor or exhaust stroke.

So I am wondering if the DET ecu can do the same thing with a CAS like this one. Maybe it can use the one large window to determine piston position forthright and from that point on it can run the engine just fine...

Too bad sr engines are extinct antique priceless legendary artifacts
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote