View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 10:05 AM   #167
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarom_ps13 View Post
Would i need spacers? i read on nico i think someone said they had to use like a huge spacer to clear z brake?
If you're referring to the XXR's, yes, you will need spacers. The spoke design doesn't accommodate Z32 brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftphunk View Post
Anyways, I'm running 225/40 on a 9.5J right now and wondering how much more of a difference going to a 215/40 would make? I basically rub the top of the wheel arc after every bump. I have thought about 215/35 but would prefer the 215/40 probably. I'm aware tire brand will make a difference but a general estimation would be nice. I'm running a 225/40 Federal 595 and would consider keeping it a federal or something along those lines.
Federals tend to run bigger than posted spec. So by theory, you're really running a 235/40.

Like the frsh4 said, feds rubbed & dunlops didn't. The reason is because they run bigger than other brands.

Try 215/40 Feds, if they still rub, jump ship to 215's on another brand like Dunlop.

35 sidewalls is a bit of an overkill for stretching. Keep it at a 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Have cobra reps 17x9 +25 front wheels coming and i have evo brembos up front. Right now im running 17x9.5 +15 battles that clear the brakes.

My question is how big of a spacer will i need to clear the brembo's with the cobra reps?

Was thinking a 15mm but not sure. When i get the wheels, ill measure it by putting washers on the studs to space them out but just trying to see if anyone can help me out to see if im close to the right spacer.
Well, without the spacers, you will have 4mm less inner clearance than you had before. And 16mm outer clearance from the fender.

I'm not 100% but don't Cobras clear big brake kits? Is this an issue of disc design?

Anyway, I think a 15mm should be fine.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote