View Single Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #91
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODS View Post
And thanks, its nice to know there are people in the same boat. I've been on the parts search as well (I should be saving money), It just makes financial sense to have stuff source and installed over there. Ill start saving when the cars get here.....
You would be surprised how "many of us" there really are, getting to know more and more people who are coming out of the wood works as I go. It isn't as exclusive as I actually anticipated. Which to me is a positive, more people = more reason for vendors state side to stock replacement parts and goodies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikzilla View Post
I really would like to know how much the average is for a GTR.

I'm mean like total. How deep of a hole in your pocket does the seminal fluid oozing out of your testicles have to fill when you first drive it in the US?
No idea on the 2nd question, but the 1st question is much easier....

on average you can get a GTST or GTS4 for 8-10k depending on mods and rust imported from most vendors (You can find them cheaper, but most of them were really not worth the $ for the repairs needed). The GTR's go for 16-20k again depending on mods, miles, ect. The Nismo's which could be imported tomorrow, go for in the 25-30k range as they are limited production.

for me it was easy, I paid 8500 for mine, caged, lots of cusco parts, lots of blitz goodies, and nice wheels (I believe are BRS posions). It is "just a GTST", but it was cheaper than building the S13 I had at the time, 1/2 the miles of the 13, and I couldn't even come close to the mods on it without dropping close to the price of the car to bulid my S13 with less mods. Sold the S13 as we are running out of parking, and bought the 32. I assume my experience would not be the same now, as since I purchased mine prices have jumped and Steve has even been offered more $ than I paid to sell mine to them instead of me. Jan 1, when Trevor "drove his R32 from canada in legally" turned all the fanboys and kids crazy and resulted in prices jumping both in the mother land and state side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
Is there anything you have to do on your end once the cars are in the US? Like paperwork and such, or when it arrives it will be delivered all paperwork completely done and ready to register?
All of the shipping paperwork is already handled when it gets to port. It won't get bonded without it. When it arrives and clears, depending on who is importing it, it may already be titled for you, or you may have to do the title work on your own (which isn't overly horrible as the hard work is done).