View Single Post
Old 08-12-2023, 06:42 AM   #34
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, i guess its time for another update on this build.

Since i sold my other S13, i wanted to get this one road-legal and get it registered. For registering it, it needs to pass a "syn" - A Danish version of MOT. So i needed to put different wheels on it and fit a bumper.

I picked up the car from the mechanic since it had some issues with leaking oil. That was fixed, and then it started to drive like shit. By some reason, the hose from the fuel pump inside the tank, broke. That was fixed and a friend and i picked up the car

I bought a set of wheels so i could get it through syn, as the Work wheels are 8" in the front an 9" in the back.

And yes, this is what a 99% OEM engine bay looks like

As the car isnt registered in Denmark, i cant get number plates on it, but i can buy temp-plates so i can drive till and from a workshop or "syn"

Its funny its just a sticker

bumper installed and almost ready for the first drive

But first, i needed some safety equipment as i didn't want to risk it.

Arrived at "syn" and the first thing i saw was this lovely dog. naturally i had to pet it!

Car went in, car went up on the lift

The guy looked through the car, checked all bushings, tested brakes, took a test drive (He started by going into the passenger-side and mentioned, somebody moved the steering wheel)
All in all, everything looked good.
But... Unfortunately it did pollute to much, so it failed.
I went home and checked the sparkplugs, and all looked good

The guy told me it could be the catalytic converter that wasn't warm enough, so he recommended me to take a long test drive and get it proper warm, so i did that and came back.
[IMG]

But that didn't change much. We both agreed that it might be the catalytic converter might be dead. So i went to get a new universal 400 cells cat, and went to get the flanges welded on it.

And also, if you don't know how an OEM exhaust look, here it is:

I drove it back to "syn", and it failed once again. At this point I don't know what to do to get the pollution down to an acceptable amount.
The engine is on stock ECU, Stock injectors, 320L Fuelpump, T28 china turbo, OEM intercooler, 400 cell cat, oem exhaust but with 3" downpipe, NGK BKR6E-11 sparkplugs.
So if anyone knows who to get the CO in the exhaust down from 1.7 to under 0.5, please let me know!