Old 10-03-2023, 01:07 PM   #40
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Can you explain more on this?
I'm genuinely curious on why it costs this much?

I'm in the US, registering a personal vehicle costs $40 USD/38.22 Euro for 1 year.
In addition to that, I have to carry auto insurance ( about $1000 USD/955 Euro ) for 1 year, and I have to get my car inspected every year at a cost of $50 USD/ 48 Euro.

This is for my nissan 240sx which was already sold in the US.
I'm not sure what the guys who import them under the 25 year rule are paying, but I know it's nowhere near $7500 USD/7100 Euro.
Denmark is not part of the US, And we have 150% tax on new cars. Older cars cost less to import, but this price is based on similar cars for sale, new price and because of new laws, its also based on how economically the car is.
And a similar car for sale in Denmark with Danish registration costs around 21000USD/20100EUR

And on top of paying the import-tax, i also have to pay 193USD/185EUR for a set of numberplates.
But the car is a veteran-car as its older than 30 years, so insurance that covers everything with roadhelp, glass insurance and so on, only cost 350USD/335EUR a year.

But yeah, everything is expensive in Denmark, But we are one of the happiest cuontries in the world