View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 10:45 AM   #41
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Its about time to de-legalize the car. First of, i just had to install the front lip. It was not installed earlier as i was afraid i would rip it off going over bumps and it could be an issue at MOT.
So on it went!

And also, the Sunset Mica Bronze on the valve covers do look good - even with condensation on it.

I wanted to drive the car a bit around, but unfortunately, the battery gave up. Couldnt hold its charge overnight. But luckily its only 2 years old, and it have a 3 year guarantee. So free replacement!

went to a friend, and had to take a picture of the car in the parking lot.

The style is kinda growing on me.

But its an old car, so something went wrong.
The ABS light turned on randomly.

I went home measured resistance on all sensors and plugged them back in, and the light disappeared. Its the small victories

I had to mount the TypeX wing to see how it looked. And i cant wait to install it permanently.

I did a bit of driving with the new amount of lowering and figured i needed an alignment. So went to a friend and he went to work.

Im sure the rear subframe never had an alignment done as it was rusty as fuck, and we couldnt get the camberarm going. So i went with plan B.
Replace the subframe and all arms. As mentioned earlier, i bought a subframe, and i had Driftworks arms laying for a long time. So now is the time to install them!

As a side project, i had to do a bit of 3D scanning for a friend. And the scanner just works better with a beer.

And tell me you own a Nissan without telling me you own a Nissan:

When i had the back of the car up, i might as well install the TypeX rear valances

The subframe was lowered and the new supframe was put together. All in all, it took about 3 evenings to do. And that was including treating the underside of the chassis.

And since the whole thing was out, i might as well add some new differential oil. And i cannot explain how much i hate the smell of used diff-oil!!!

adjusted the camber quick to 0 degree and threw the wheels on.

And the big idiot i an, i forgot that the car gets more camber the lower it is. So im again back to -3 degree camber. well, it needs a realignment anyway

Anyway, its back on the ground and i just had to take a quick testdrive