View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #105
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by touge monster View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they are both the same as far as testing goes.

A test only shop can only test and do nothing else, whereas in a regular smog shops, the techs can make adjustments to your car and replace parts to make it pass.

I think test only are only for older cars.
That's correct.

The TEST ONLY shops are supposed to be "stricter", more like a Ref. The 'regular' smog test guys can repair your car, and "work with you" to get it passed... test only just runs the test, and if you don't pass any single part, get-outta-here.

So lets see how to put this... if you are in a situation where your car for sure won't pass smog, but you don't have to go to Test Only, you can always take it to a "regular" test place and see if they'll work with you. If you have to get it done at a Test Only (the registration/DMV paperwork will tell you at the top in bold), you're probably going to have to buy a smog, and it might be more expensive because Test Only is watched much more closely.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote