View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #73
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Looking things over there is some improvements that can be done to the tune that Imma work on myself. Something that I am starting to realize with a bit of research and messing around with Borg Warner's Match bot is that the 1.0 A/R turbine housing on my S257 is choking the motor as around 5500rpm engine delta pressure starts to go negative. I doubt I can fit a larger s363 or EFR8374 as it would probably hit the hood or valve cover. one thing I can do is get a 1.22 Twin scroll housing to help the top end breathe better and match bot shows it wont even hurt spool noticeably till I try to max out the turbo on E85

Yes these dynos read low but is a large expectation difference. The setup feels like my old 14 psi KA-T with more power between 2000-3000rpm and I'm making the same power (same dyno) as my buddy with his SR20 on 16psi, but I'm making close to double the torque . Looking over other k24a2 STOCK BLOCK dyno charts I see some motors havea flat torque curve and there's others where the torque cruve only drops maybe 10% between peak and redline. Meanwhile I'm lossing about a 1/3 of my torque. I believe the turbine housing is choking it but I do need to play with EBC as its not a perfect 12 psi it fluctuates about a psi.

Here's what I was hoping for I believe this is with a 6262 or a T04z on 9psi in an automatic TSX
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote