View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 05:57 PM   #702
Hyaboosta

Trader Rating: (0)
Hyaboosta is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
When it comes to sleeving blocks power level is only one thing to consider, another is what the engine will be used for. For example, someone who's building a 300hp weekend toy would be fine on stock sleeves vs an engine that's being built specifically for road course racing where you see a lot more heat cycling for that I'd definitely recommend to sleeve, even if it's only for 300hp.
Well aiming in the 700 range and boring out to 87mm I have seen quite a few builds here say that they have had ovaling of cylinders. The car would be to have a little fun to drive and for the occasional drag racing. To reach that power I would have to be hitting the 35psi range more than likely and that territory has a lot of room for oops. I'm just wondering as I'm buying the parts would this be realistic without stroking the motor? I'm glad Hanz jumped in, I'm in Fort Lauderdale and would def be bringing it up to you guys to do the machine work and assembly. I'd feel much better having a shop that really knows this build inside and out do it rather than one down here.
Hyaboosta is offline   Reply With Quote