View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #44
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Shot some completed kit photos as well as some installed pics today. I know everyone is waiting on pricing, please give me another day or so to get it all figured out. This kit was built on the fly and while keeping costs low was a priority, quality prevailed in a few instances and I haven't crunched the numbers just yet.

Disclaimer: Mounting brackets pictured are "prototypes." They have multiple holes, aren't cut perfectly, and were solely used for mock-up. Production brackets will be water jetted. Thanks!

Details:
-I was able to source a housing with the correct threads so that you may use your OEM Nissan AC pressure switch with no need for modified wiring.

-I made adapter fittings at the evaporator (firewall connections) so that while the chassis may change, (s13, zenki, kouki) the hoses on the passenger side stay the same. (have yet to measure s13 to clarify this)

-Same goes for the compressor fittings, they have standard AC o-ring fittings welded to them now. In the event of a compressor swap, there's a chance the lines wont have to be replaced, just the fittings themselves.

-Kit was designed with specifically RB and JZ swaps in mind, allowing them to be the exact same up to the hoses on the Driver's side. Lengths and fittings on the driver's side hoses are subject to change based on drive train and compressor choice. This is also beneficial when adding the service ports to the hoses. RB exhaust manifolds and waste gates are generally too close to the compressor for us to run the high/low charge ports there and will likely result in melted caps and leaky valves. I located them near the firewall for this reason, however on a JZ swap, especially those running 4" down pipes, I'll feel much better knowing the charge ports are far far away at the compressor.