View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 09:00 AM   #11
mcoman

Trader Rating: (0)
mcoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
Beautiful. I have the same car in the same condition but chuki and base model. Enjoy it!
I have been enjoying it as much as I can, with a higher mileage chassis I'm not worried about putting some miles on it. Unfortunately the weather has started to turn here and it is probably parked for the winter now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmar F View Post
really cool to see an unmolested car! really cool that you brought it back to life!
do you plan to keep it 100% stock?
Thanks, I was very lucky to have found an untouched factory manual car, and one that appears to have been really well cared for before it was parked. I do plan on keeping it almost 100% stock. Everything I am think about doing would be largely "unseen". Powertrain wise the cat back exhaust on the car is toast and needs to be replaced, but its already not stock. In the maybe category would be cam regrind, an OBX header and a tune. No real plans for the chassis/suspension other than maybe some NISMO subframe bushings as I can feel the whole rear suspension shift over large bumps.

I mostly just want to fix up a few minor issues, like getting the AC working, new sunroof seal, the drivers door card and seat, an uncracked pignose bumper, and paint. Also the display on the factory radio doesn't work, but I would like to upgrade that to a factory tape deck.
mcoman is offline   Reply With Quote