View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 07:43 AM   #638
irritatedmax
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
irritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enoughirritatedmax will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LUV MY S13 View Post
yep triple checked..im 99% sure its grounded/wired properly..gets fuel and spark
Hmmm...have you checked the timing? Like actually used a timing light? It's pretty simple and will quickly show you what's up. I know you said the dizzy is aligned, but you'll want to check timing to be sure. It's like ~$35 for a gun and is something that is always nice to have on hand.

Keep posting results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
Yup, S13...shoulda mentioned that before.

Not sure about the stagger of the lips, how would I calculate that?

Do you think I could go to 18x12?

I like more tire, not really into the stretched look so much.

Thanks for the input!
Try to follow along as this may be confusing when typed out. 1"=25.4mm (round to 25mm). Your wheels are 10j-19 and 11j-7.

For lip size comparison (ignoring offsets right now), you only care about half (outside half) of the wheel width, so we'll consider your wheels 5j-19 and 5.5j-7. The initial lip size difference is .5" wider in the rear.

Now, let's factor in the offset and convert inches to millimeters. The front will have a lip of 5" x 25.4mm = 127mm + 19mm = 146mm or 5.75". The rear will have a lip of 5.5" x 25.4mm = 139.7mm + 7mm = 146.7mm or 5.78". (Remember since we are calculating width of the lip we add a negative offset to the width since it will add to the overall lip)

So, it looks like they will have about the exact same lip sizes. This just calculates the width from the outside edge to the mounting surface of the hub. Different disk types will affect the why these look overall but these measurements will still hold true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamN View Post
Just wondering what folks use to clean out their blocks when doing a coolant flush. Seeing as the KA is cast iron rust deposits are fairly common. Just want to know how to get the inside as clean as possible without the whole having to send my block off to get heat tanked.

Any advice?
BG makes a pretty good cleaner kit. They have a cleaner and a additive for after. I think you can buy just the cleaner.