View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 01:48 AM   #78
RNGWLD
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
RNGWLD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceyang View Post
4lokos could be banned because they are harming and being consumed by underaged drinkers by and large which is both illegal and dangerous not only to the drinker but for others around them.

im not really all for banning things but if its clearly harming and promoting unsafe behavior then its doing more harm than good. also sorry if im coming off like an asshole, just putting in my two cents.
You make some good points and I appreciate your ability to discuss in a reasonable way...specially in Zilvia lol.

But I don't know how you can say that "by and large" they are being consumed by underage drinkers since as far as I know no study or survey has been done to show this.
And this is still the U.S.A, meaning its not *that* easy for underage kids to get drinks.

Just because some underage kids drink 4loko, it means that adult U.S citizens who want to drink them should be prohibited from doing so? Thats my main problem with the ban. You could use the argument that "it is doing more harm than good" and ban a number of alcoholic beverages, or prevent bartenders from fixing certain cocktails which are sure to fuck you up real good, or ban those 40oz malt liquors, or outright ban cigarettes, etc.

Like someone else mentioned, the whole banning campaign is absolutely reactionary. Its the same mentality that ushered in Prohibition in the first place.
RNGWLD is offline   Reply With Quote