View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
nick_d_240sx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
nick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymorenick_d_240sx is not welcome here anymore
**This didn't fix the light throttle lean issue, it was the fuel map.**

In an effort to get rid of a lean AFR issue during light to medium throttle input I decided to dig into the Async accel parameters. After some additional review of the logs and help files it seems as though the dMap accel need quite an increase over what the base map has. This could have to do with enabling dMAP Fuel Trims and the dMAP values not being a factory/stock setting.

Async Parameters - Left at factory settings

Async Factor Tables - Bumped up the MAP Load factors in the Vacuum area.

Accel Parameters - Enabled dMap fuel trim, Lowered the dMap deadband to register lighter throttle inputs, lowered the decay factor to prolong the accel trim effects, No change to update rate. **Edit: raised dMap decay up to 3%**

dTPS Accel - added some % to the dTPS RPM Factor Table to enable accel trim a little higher into the RPM range (Probably no effect since I'm running dMap fuel trims)

dTPS Load Factors - I don't think this changed, but if it did I just matched the dTPS MAF values.

dMap Accel - Heavily increased the dMAP Load Factor Table in the midrange vacuum areas. I noticed in the help file these values were quite different than the base map and in comparison to the dTPS Load Factors these values are quite a bit lower, which is where I was experiencing lean AFRs (16-17 and sluggish accel) upon throttle input. Also Increased the dMap RPM factor table to cover more rpms where I was noticing lean AFRs on light/med throttle input.

I'm not sure if I even need to mess with the dTPS values since I have enabled the dMAP Fuel Trim, but by increasing the dMap Accel it has really cleaned up the lean issue I was experiencing during light/med throttle input. Not perfect but a huge improvement.

I have not modified decel or overrun fuel cut.

Still noticing rich values, 12.5 AFR, at idle after some runs and warmed up, but it idles great though. Idles good ~14AFR when ECT cold/cool but at ~1100 rpm. Stock plugs NGK BKR6E on brand new factory coils.

Last edited by nick_d_240sx; 07-11-2019 at 09:03 AM..
nick_d_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote