View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #38
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Ive been in in the military for almost 12 yrs. Fraud waste and abuse is rampant in the military. Perfect example, buying office stuff. I have to buy items from certain vendors on line or on base, I get charged a grip more since they're gov contracts. Just a small example, box of printer paper. Office max price = $40, GSA price = $56. Thats just a small example.
GSA - there is your answer.

The reason that many Government furnished goods cost more is because of the requirements. Every contract is different but their are some stupid ass specs out there.

Packaging requirements, testing data, unique performance specs ect. So while I can go to Autozone and buy a brake pad for $35... its two per box, while the Gov wants 4 per. It has no test data per production lot, the cardboard is single ply instead of double and the 3rd Party that is selling at Autozone never completed a flammability test in a Government certified lab that costs $18k.

I'm not eating 18k... I'm going to bake that into my final price... and boom... $80 brake pads by the time you are done.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote