View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 09:26 PM   #23
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
With the car finally back in our hands it was a simple job of remembering where the hundreds of parts and individual bolts went.

First order of business was to get the wiring harness back in.
Then the HVAC boxes and some heat/sound insulation since the original firewall mat had disintegrated.

Original single cam carpet came out looking like new after my wife spent hours scrubbing it, then we let it dry and cut and glued new jute padding to the backside.

Then came time to put the steering column back in and I could not find a new or suitable used replacement for the original dry rotted steering boot.
Ended up using a 45 degree silicone elbow that worked nicely.

Now it was time to drop the engine/trans in on the new Kazama mounts

We hacked up the old ruined master cylinder to get the flare fittings from for the new Z32 master.

Then more harness routing, including the new 0 gauge for the remote battery.

Pulled the manifolds since the engine was getting most of the gaskets and seals replaced, and to tap a temp probe for my HKS VPC.
As well as fabricating the heater pipes to fit with LHD.

Picked up a real SSQV to replace the phoney that came with the parts car, and my better half found the rest of the door/window seals and door moldings new from Nissan.

Also, if you're door windows are getting scratched up, this is why.
These little fuzzy guides were jam packed full of sand.
Managed to carefully restore them with a wire brush and the air blower.

Last edited by projectsupra; 07-12-2020 at 05:57 AM..
projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote