View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 03:33 AM   #108
ewuzh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of lightewuzh is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg
There's no such thing as a D2S HID KIT. D2(s/r) bulbs are Standard OEM hid bulbs. what you're really looking for is a wire harness that will plug into your car's 9006 plugs. The best thing to do is build yourself a harness. They sell these 9006 female plugs at your local kargen auto parts store ( i know because i bought some and built a harness).
you can follow this diagram for the harness: http://www.nrgonline.org/s14_hid/img/HID_DIYrelay.jpg

JRTLighting, for being a dealer, you sure dont know what you're talking about. sounds like you're just following protocol and making a buck.

To everyone running a hid kit, make sure you use a relay harness that draws power directly from the battery. not a direct power source from the OEM lighting. those factory wires are designed for halogen. Even though hid runs less power than halogen, the startup spike is 100 times more. This is why you always hear stories about melted harness. Better be safe than sorry and have a car catch on fire.
I am well aware that D2S/R are OEM HID. The seller did list D2s and D2r as "bulb" types for their kit, and also stated that he can order them, so I am assuming he can get them. I have 9006 plug-n-play HID right now. If anything, all I need is D2s HID "kit" type bulbs with the two power/ground wires attached to it and directly connect to my current ballast and 9006 wiring adapters.