View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 03:35 PM   #314
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
The way to get a 240SX for a good price is not not buy it on social media or buy it from another "car guy"

My neighbor had one for years, ~100k miles original owner. It looks like it's driven daily, wear and tear but still is okay.

I think she sold it for cheap to another person that used to live next to her, only because she was being bugged about it constantly. I never asked her to buy the car because I wasn't interested in it at that time (had a new BRZ) but now it still sits in front of her house because the new owner has no place to put the car.

May still buy it, but it will probably be marked up.
I got this from an older college professor, they posted it on Craigslist. The title for the ad literally just said CAR, there was 1 photo, and the description was under 20 words. I thought it was a prank, but I still emailed them. As fate would have it, I was the first to inquire. They were somewhat oblivious to what they had, but they absolutely knew they were giving away for less than it?s true value. Their primary concern was it going into good hands. The wife (a law professor) even came and sniffed me out before the deal was concluded, lol. I genuinely don?t plan on ever selling the car unless I or a family member have an emergency expense to cover. Not trying to turn this into a meal ticket on BaT or the likes.

I normally don?t leave notes for neighbors because it never works in my favor BUT if it works once it?ll pay off! Hope you can get the car still at a fair pricepoint.