View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 01:11 AM   #81
S13project
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
S13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of lightS13project is a glorious beacon of light
Not defending as I have seen the FreeSpirit posts and read much of what has been posted up with auction sheets, listings, and such. I will say I have purchased two cars from them. Flew up there both times on one-way ticket entirely ready to fly my mopey ass back home if I wasn't satisfied.

First purchase was a 91 SIlvia Qs factory manual, with bricks, and an aero bumper. Found a quarter size rust spot on lower rocker near pinch welds below driver door rear corner and some rust behind the passenger side mirror. Also noticed bit of glass on passenger side trunk abyss thing behind wheel well. Asked about each one and "oh we hadn't spotted that" comment each time...as if an auction would have missed that at all. Took for test drive and felt solid, although OE suspension was asking to be laid to rest quite soon. Sat down and talked. Paid $7k and drove 8hrs home. This was 6yrs ago.

Second purchase was 2yrs ago. 1994 R33 sedan with Impul aero (checked and it had the correct markings in the fiberglass) but obviously not an Impul car. Interior seats were redone in purple and black with leather or something damn close. Initially figured I would rip it out anyway so didnt care too much. Checked the car over and knew it was a driver at one point. CST coils that looked as though they had been on the car since 96 and felt like it too. Nice 18x9/18x10 Work Bersaglios with chrome peel. Fenders all rolled flat quite nicely. Those wild seats.......actually extremely well done and super comfy. Exhaust was some cheap crap that fit like crap and had been smacking the bumper for some time and was slowly burning it to over cooked. Luckily just a small area was being effected. Paint was not all same. Sure it was same "color" (maybe), but was painted at different times. Aero color didn't match up too well. Close enough to not be concerned about having it all corrected or resprayed anytime soon. Missing fuse box cover. Really.......could have been so easily dealt with while it was still in Japan and if only there was some importer that could've found one......yea no luck. Overall was settled on buying it so sat down and left content. Later down the road once night fell realized the headlights were a bit funked. Could clearly see road about 5ft from bumper. That was about it. Someone had over rotated the adjuster screws to a point that pulled out and left the headlight to bounce around to it's hearts content. Yay for long night drive.

Short version. Make sure to check the cars over in person and be ready to leave without buying before you even consider going there. It is a used car dealership. They are going to put lipstick on a pig and tell you its Ms Piggy.

Would I be happier if I could trustingly buy the car over the internet and simply have it shipped to me. Very much yes. Is that a reality that will ever come to fruition for any used car dealership. No it is NOT. Nor would I believe it if it did actually happen....ever.

Grains of salt. I am still happy with both cars and still enjoy them. Yes I would consider another car from them. Only after inspecting it in person and taking my sweet ass time. I will give them credit for dealing with me for 6hrs straight each time before signing any paperwork.