View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #139
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris180 View Post
So you're comparing a formula drift car, to arguably the 4 most famous d1 cars of all time?

I find it ironic that in this thread and the 80+ pages in the other thread, there was almost zero photos of actual japanese built cars, even though d1 street legal has heaps of shitty beat up cars driving in it.

I understand the want for having a nice looking car, but the fact of the matter is, if iv got 200 dollars left of my car budget and i have to decide between entering the next time attack event, or replacing my cable tied front bar, i would rather drive it and look shit than miss the event and look clean..

We own performance cars, so in my opinion the focus of an s chassis car should be on driving it and enjoying the drive. There is a substantial difference between the rat-chet cars, the hilariously beat up drift missile for sale earlier up in the thread, and the 'badly stickered' cars that are all contained in this one thread of 'doing it wrong.'

Ratchet - Terrible and doing it wrong, i believe that.
Bashed up drift car - It's what its for, if you're going to be a good drifter or racer you are going to bin your car, its the way it is.. I'd rather people spend money on becoming a good driver than having an always clean car then constantly looping it in front of me.
Bad sponsor stickers - Obviously none of you understand how sponsors work.. If big dick sponsors wanted to stick dicks all over my car but it meant I got to enter every event and drive with the best parts and the best tyres and whatever else, I wouldnt give a shit what my car looks like..

I think you guys are focusing too much on what other people see, not what other people experience. Yes a fully kitted perfect fitment perfect painted car will look better doing 4th gear entries than a shitty bashed up missile, but the guy with the clean car needed to learn at some stage, and his car would have looked alot like the smashed up car whilst he was learning..
I get your point, and I agree with everything you said below the first line. Yeah, I compared a Formula Drift car to D1GP cars. That's the point. D1GP cars arguably have to fulfill every requirement an FD car does, but they look like the ones I posted, instead of the ones OBEEWON posted. And yes, there are definitely some questionable looking D1 cars, especially now. But almost every single FD car looks worse than the worst D1 car. And all the D1 cars have sponsor stickers, no? It's all in the layout/graphic design/vinyl. I have nothing against amateur drivers learning to drift in beat up cars. It does bother me that 'Ratchet 240 Gang' daily drives their pieces of trash, and that they take pride in being 'ratchet', but, to me at least, it's almost as bad that these huge budget Formula Drift cars that have sponsors out the can't even manage to come up with a vinyl design that doesn't look like a 12 year old who just discovered how to paste things in Paint.
zwzweston is online now   Reply With Quote