View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 11:55 PM   #44
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Allow me to revive this thread.
I have a question and I think it fits perfectly on this thread: what exactly makes a nistuned z32 ECU make an rb25det run better than it does with it's original ECU when they both have the same maps loaded into them? Is it the fact that with the nistuned z32 ECU you get to upgrade to a less shitty maf than the n60 maf, preventing the ecu from getting an excessive maf reading and going into R&R mode? Because if Im understanding this right, both fuel and ignition maps stay the same, correct? and that includes the knock maps, which is also another big deal with the rb25.
I also have nistune on my daily rb25 240, but it's not a stock engine, so that's a different story. I do have another 240 with a stock rb25 on the works right, and having gone through the whole finicky rb25 stock ecu deal, I am considering getting nistune with the stock map for this one too.
Can someone experienced with nistune explain this to me?