Thread: Dyno faq
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 01:54 AM   #17
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexdmy View Post
Interesting, I've never heard of Dynapacks that were not water cooled, if they were not, I would agree, you would have a hard time completing a mapping session without overheating the dyno. Before we bought our Dynapack dyno, we rented dyno time from Church Automotive Testing, and their unit has always been water cooled, so if Dynapack did ever did sell dyno's without water cooling, it was a long time ago.

I disagree with another statement made above about the Dynapack not being able to hold the vehicle well under steady state conditions. Considering I've used Dyno Dynamics, Mustang MD-250, Dynojet with eddy current, and a Mainline, the Dynapack, I've found, has been the most capable at holding steady state, and that's one of the main reasons we decided to purchase one. Under most situations, our Dynapack will hold +/- 5 RPM of the target, even at very high power levels.
Yes all recent dynapacks come with water cooling.
No, a lot of dumbasses at shops do not hook up the water cooling. Which is really common unfortunately
Church automotive stick to hondas...btw... I have had a lot my customers bringing cars in that they "tuned" and had some insane crack pot maps with timing all over the place in random places

Yes the dyna pack will allow some steady state. But what i am talking about is something I like to call ROW WALKING, when you trace down a single row of cells hitting each individual cell one by one in a single RPM row, load point by load point. So far the only dyno that could do it perfectly has been the DD for me.

If I had to buy a dyno other than a DD, I think the Dyna Pack is a good alternative. But I have seen dyna packs that even have the water cooling hooked up overheat...