View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 02:15 AM   #47
DETT
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
DETT is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-via View Post
I am curious to why people need to carry handguns to protect themselves from day to day transactions (unless for occupational/special reasons).

Guns are cool nonetheless.
shit happens man, there are alot of crazy mofos out there that will do anything to get buy and even more crazies out there that are just messed up in the head. This is just one example where if someone had a gun on them a couple innocent lives may have been saved.

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was jacked for 20 bucks at knife point a few years back going back to my car after being out with friends for the night, that was one instance where I wish I had a gun but was too young at the time because things could have gone a lot worse.

If you don't feel like carrying so be it but there are quite a few like myself that feel very strongly for that issue. I got my permit the first chance I could get it when I turned 21 and have been carrying every day since, except for when I was at school due to the law not allowing it.