View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #9
Ptrain
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Ptrain is an unknown quantity at this point
The leakdown test was inconclusive. Maybe the cheap leakdown setup I got off amazon is crap. The best leak percentage I could get on any cylinder was 60%. But none of the readings were repeatable. Another thought I had is every place I read said you should warm the engine up before doing the leakdown test. And I haven't tried starting the engine at all since I discovered the oil leak.

Yeah unfortunately it's definitely oil on the spark plug.

When this all started it was just a rough idle and I was down on power. I tried unplugging each coil pack one at a time with the car running to see if that would make the idle worse. Unplugging 1 and 2 made the idle worse. Unplugging 3 made no difference. I swapped it's coil pack with the pack from 2 and the issue remained with cylinder 3. I figured maybe the injector for 3 was clogged. I replaced all the injectors with OEM sized injectors. Tried starting the car up and it ran fine so I thought that was the fix. But a week later when I went to start it up again it wouldn't start and that's when I got all the smoke and the leak.
Ptrain is offline   Reply With Quote