View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #27
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Been slacking on this hard core. Holidays, bought a new car, school, and now I'm about to move halfway across the country to Colorado next week. Done a few things, but mainly been working on the only other running S13 in town.

Spent a few nights shaving the caliper faces, stripping the old brush on paint, and rebuilding them. Picking up a set of s14se off my friend so I can do the 5-lugs/Z brakes. Also bought the last item I wanted for my 5spd swap. That'll all have to wait until we get settled in.

[/url]

[/url]

Got some good snow like 2 weekends in a row. X-drive is good, but not with 20" wheels and Pirellis, lol.

So, a simple HG change and ARP studs to prep it for turbo then turned into a motor swap and a half. motor was pissing coolant out of an empty exhaust stud. Excellent job extracting this stud; the dude charged him $50, and knowingly fucked it up because it was packed with JB weld. That stuff turns to putty with the coolant and heat.

I made a phone call to a friend and sourced him a super clean motor on the low, built bottom end with a new clutch. It was a S14 motor so I swapped lower manifold, new top end gaskets and what not.

I also ended up 5lug swapping the rear, and correctly setting up his coilovers.

Did some other things here and there like fixing some wiring, gauges, aligning the car, fixing power steering, etc etc etc....basically undoing some of the hacked up shit on this car performed by a local shop from a dual cam swap. Motor fired up first crank and sounds incredibly healthy for a basically an unknown buy.

That'll be it for a short time until we get the house sold here. I've got something special coming in the mail right now and hope it shows up before I leave next weekend.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote