View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 07:56 PM   #857
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by A DOG 406 View Post
I recently went on a flight to Hawaii and probably about half the people on the plane were wearing masks. Now on a plane where you are all sharing the same air, It doesn't seem to far fetched to wear a mask. There were kids coughing and sneezing and crying the whole plane ride right behind me, even I almost wanted a mask.

But I also still see people wearing masks on their daily errands. If you have an auto immune disorder than more power to ya for staying safe. However I'm sure a lot of these "forever maskers" are just clinging to their little safety net of a mask.

We are creatures of habit and in only two years time people have made the mask a lifetime habit.

Just a weird thought.
What surprises me are the people who wear them wrong, wear ineffective masks. It's sort of a cargo cult at this point.

At the beginning of the pandemic I was cautiously supportive of the idea of masking, though if anyone remembers original "leave masks to the professionals" advice from the February 2020 timeframe, it still pretty much rings true that it was an experiment, there was no study prior to 2020 showing that mass masking was going to work, and with all post-2020 evidence showing that it really depends on mass compliance, as a public health measure it kind of fails. But I masked diligently basically until vaccines were widely available. After that... What was the point? What was the goal? What was the end game?

I have a co-worker who comes into work fully strapped with a fresh 3M medical grade duckbill N95 and *goggles.* No cheap imported KN95s for this dude. If you're gonna commit to it, COMMIT.

But the people I see out shopping, kids at my kids school with a cloth/surgical thing hanging loose, what exactly are they thinking at this point? Is it a good luck charm?
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote