Thread: World war z!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #15
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Saw it. Movie was fantastic, for what it was.

If you read any of the commentary, there really is no real relation to the book. Brad Pitt's UN Inspector character doesn't even exist in the book. Apparently PIt has been trying to make the movie for a while, but they kept getting bogged down with the scope and how to tell the different stories.

What I'm disappointed with is how we continue to water down movies to appease China. Just like Red Dawn, this movie was edited to change the original source of the Zombies, China, to India. Heaven forbid we offend our Chinese bankers.

It's a suspenseful movie, I wasn't bothered by the lack of gore. It was never presented as a "horror/gore feast". It was an Outbreak movie with a race against the clock to do something to stop the epidemic.

I don't think we will see a sequel, its left open ended because that is how the book it. The book is a telling of all the different view points of how the war impacted each country and group. It's a spoof on the WWII Oral History project.

The world of WWZ is forever changed going forward, it's not a "cured, life is back to normal" event.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote