View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 07:28 AM   #107
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
I still dont understand why it should be illegal and alchohol and cigs arent.
I whole heartedly agree, I don't see any reason why it SHOULD be illegal. I'm not arguing for it to stay illegal either.

Quote:
No matter how you cut it alcohol and cigs cause waaaaaaaaay more deaths, say "illicit drugs" all you want but the fact is marijuana has never directly caused a death.
I can tell you for a fact since the drug is ILLEGAL it is not easy to keep track of actual figures. Its easy to keep track of alcohol and tobacco related incidents since these are LEGAL.

Quote:
Bad judgment maybe which resulted in a accident but I feel that is still grossly overshadowed by the amount of alchy related deaths. but we are still allowed to go out and get plastered and hop behind the wheel which puts everyone on the road at risk. Im not saying that weed doesnt cause people to drive stupidly but I know way more people that are mor cautious while driving high because they get paranoid. I personally love driving high and have never had an accident or even really a close call while doing so. I however NEVER drink and drive because judgment is far more impaired and Im am just plain scared because of how far off center I feel.
You can't possibly judge what effects somebody more either alcohol or weed. You can't tell me what works for me or what will make more or less impared.

Quote:
now you can compare the factors such as body weight, eating habits for the day, amount drank/smoked in what amount of time, personal tolerance to said substances, and the bottom line is that weed doesnt affect ANYONE as strongly as alcohol. If you sit down and smoke a joint and sit down and take a shot of 80 proof, i guarantee that you will be more fucked up from the alcohol.
Say what you want but there is no legit reason that alchy should be legal and weed shouldnt. period
Again this goes to my previous statement there is NO WAY you can tell me what will have a greater effect. You cannot guarantee anything. I have stated above that I agree it should be legalized though for the pure benefit of profit.

Quote:
oh and just to be clear I do have a LEGIT cannabis card for a LEGIT reason and I honestly would not be able to make it more than a few days without smoking, you may call that dependency or addiction, but I have quit smoking weed numerous times (for extended periods of time) and I have been trying to quit cigs since high school with no luck for more than a week or 2.

If anyone wants to know my reason for having a cannabis card I have no problems sharing that as well.
Thats fine, but you haven't actually "quit" if you come back to smoking. Also I would definitely consider that a "dependency", regardless of whether its legal or not.