View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #120
Sleepy240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Sleepy240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_Kouki View Post
There is really no way to distinguish between the two you are right. But if the government does not charge over street value, shit or even if they charge 5$ less then street value ppl will buy thur the government just to save money.
To be honest the government only sees in $$$ with a topic like these. From my basic understanding to undercut the "street" prices the government would basically be taking a loss on this investment. On top of that IT WILL be taxed. Hell people freaked out when they increased the prices/taxes on ciggarettes, imagine Marijuana??

Quote:
You contradict yourself you say if someone has no money to buy it they will steal it, OR BUY it from someone else. How can they buy it if they dont have money?? Like I said if the government was smart they would price there stuff just under street prices then that person would go to the government instead of the streets. And lets face it theres always going to be ppl, scum might I say that is going to steal no matter the price no matter if they have money or not thats just life.
Some of these relates to the previous paragraph but I totally agree there will always be scum. The problem is its a well known fact that DRUGS (in general) lead to an increase in crime. Sadly I don't view marijuana as a seperate "drug" its included in that catagory. People are killed over the drugs everyday and thats undeniable. Blah blah I know its not DIRECTLY because of marijuana but it happens.

Quote:
And I am unsure how the government gets there stuff now and no it would not be enough. Buttttt thats why there will be job opportunity's because bigger and bigger marijuana cultivation company's will open so they will grow to meet the needs of the smokers. Just like tobacco company's grow more and more tobacco to keep up with the growing need same with corn, tomato's, wheat, ect ect
I would imagine they would purchase the quantities needed from OUT of country. I could see marijuana "farms" being nothing but a huge disaster. I understand some exist but not nearly to this magnitude. They would practically require military personal to secure it, to prevent thefts etc. Over time perhaps they could grow large quantities here but frankly most of the US is not mature enough for something like this.

Quote:
If you know anyting about the "street" you would know Quantity is how you profit and nobody buys pounds of herb on the corner
I understand this, and this is my entire point. Nothing is going to stop the "street" dealing. The dealers really are not the ones profiting. Sure they may make thousands, but its the suppliers who sell LARGE quantities that are then devied out to the gangs/dealers etc. That is where the money is.