View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #37
jbballa9876
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
jbballa9876 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240Shwag View Post
The way I look at it, it doesn't really matter what motor you start off with. The same amount of money is going to be spent to reach certain power goals reguardless of where you start.

If you think your money would have been better spent on something else, you shouldn't have spent it on a car/parts to begin with since its all a "waste".

I was just wondering why you chose rb25, if "it doesnt matter what motor you start out with". Sorry just being the devils advocate. The motor has a lot of pros and cons, the only con being the risk you take in its reliability when you take it past stock. Even fully built and everything, there are a lot of horror stories pertaining to its long term reliability. And thats just scary when you put a ton of money into it and dont know when itll fail, like cracked block, oil starvation etc. And about 700 hp is about its theoritical limit, and torque wont be extremely high

The nature of the low stroke L6 is something to be desired by everyone, how quickly itll reach high rpms and how awesome it pulls. Ideally good choice on skipping the 4 banger, and not going with the typical ohv.

Good luck though, i wont even say what engine i would be using if I had 10 - 15k, but chances are i wouldnt continue with the rb25. I wouldnt not consider the rb25 a "waste" whatsoever in its current stage of life and how cheap it was for me to do the swap, and how it hasnt had a single issue yet.

And i think for me it was the best bang for the buck, but fully built- might be a risk im not willing to take.
jbballa9876 is offline   Reply With Quote