View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 05:22 PM   #4
Silv1401
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Silv1401 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reido View Post
You can always redrill the hub pattern but the main thing I?d be worried about is the big anchoring stud that bolts through the knuckle. I don?t know if the z33/34 setup has it or if it?s similar at all but that would be the deciding factor I think
That's a good point about the anchor for the brake, and actually thanks to that you made me take a better look at some pictures for the assemblies.

I'm going to make the assumption that the dust shields WILL work based on the bolt pattern, however the brake assembly WILL NOT. At least not without modifying the knuckles. I didn't realize until I looked back at a full rear knuckle/hub assembly, but the S14/Z32 brake assembly mounts with the big stud that goes through the top hole in the knuckle. The Z34 on the other hand mounts using two studs, one on each side of the big hole, then it runs the cable through that big hole. So I think if you were willing to drill out the two holes, then that assembly would work.

From what I understand, you can use 350z axles in a 240 hub, and since both cars have the same 5x114 bolt pattern and 66.1mm hub lip, and since Nissan is pretty notorious for having a rather high cross-compatibility/upcycled design pattern, I would say it's quite likely that the bolt pattern is the same.

The other question is if you can swap the z32 brake shoe assembly to the Z34 Nismo rotor shields? 🤔 lol Screw it, just cut the shields off the Z32 I guess?better cooling anyways.
Silv1401 is offline   Reply With Quote