View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Thinking about moving to Portland.

Lets face it. California taxes up the ass and at this point with the rise of cost of living you pretty much need to clear 6 figures to live comfortably here.

Without disclosing anything too personal; I have a bachelors degree and I work a white collar job for the local government and I cant even afford to move out of my parents house. (Thats how high rent has gotten) How sad is that? I cant do this because of how much income tax bites me in the ass every paycheck. I mean i could pull it off but I would be literally scraping by each month. Im not about to pick up a second job just to stay afloat.

Gotta work to live not live to work.

I just came back from a 4 day trip up there and I LOVE the area and the friendliness of the people.

The thing I loved the most is that its pro-small business and very blue collar.

Any advice on those who live in Portland can share? What areas to look into? Hows the job market?

Last edited by ZenkiKid; 11-18-2014 at 10:27 AM..
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links