View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 04:20 PM   #14
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
That seattle freeze is a bunch of crap. Super outdated and that article discusses nordic immigrants lol and ive been in the area for 24 years and have never heard of it if that tells you anything. Portland will be a degree or two warmer than seattle, but nothing significant. Both portland and seattle have good sized suburbs, so that shouldnt be a factor. Honestly I think it comes down to what type of work youre in. But to put it into perspective, a person I know moved from Olympia to San Diego and only made it a month before they realized theyd never make it. btw olympia is just about the middle of portland and seattle but is a little smaller yet still has gov jobs. just avoid tacoma
Yup. San Diego is expensive. Good thing your pal realized fairly quickly that they werent going to make it instead of totally fucking themselves over by staying on the sinking ship.

But yeah the job I have I would be living pretty comfortably up there while down here I would struggle to pay rent hah. The sunshine tax as what its nicknamed isnt all its cracked up to be to be honest.

A friend of mine (who works the same type and level job as I do) lived in Seattle for a few years and had a corporate job with Starbucks. He said he moved into a pretty nice condo and was paying less than $800 with utilities. The only reason why he moved back to San Diego is because he was sick of the weather and he was getting homesick and wanted to move back down here. He did tell me that if he did stay up there he wouldve been a homeowner by now guaranteed.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote