View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 04:31 PM   #15
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Yup. San Diego is expensive. Good thing your pal realized fairly quickly that they werent going to make it instead of totally fucking themselves over by staying on the sinking ship.

But yeah the job I have I would be living pretty comfortably up there while down here I would struggle to pay rent hah. The sunshine tax as what its nicknamed isnt all its cracked up to be to be honest.

A friend of mine (who works the same type and level job as I do) lived in Seattle for a few years and had a corporate job with Starbucks. He said he moved into a pretty nice condo and was paying less than $800 with utilities. The only reason why he moved back to San Diego is because he was sick of the weather and he was getting homesick and wanted to move back down here. He did tell me that if he did stay up there he would've been a homeowner by now guaranteed.
I know it's a long shot but if you're anywhere in the northwest I'd say try snowboarding or skiing as a Winter pass time... You don't have to go for broke or become some hardcore snow bum... It can be relaxing to sit up high and enjoy the blue skies while down below there's drizzle and rain. I lived in Bellingham WA for 8 years, I figured out real quick that a good way to get out during the winter is just to head to the mountain and enjoy the snow. You'll also notice there is a ton of Subaru nuts up here (I see this as a positive, the smart Subie guys are fun to get along with. I actually bought a WRX as a daily alternative to my s13. Jetta TDI for long commutes or long range parts getter!)

It's a complete opposite perspective from California sun and it might not be your cup of tea but you'll never know until you try it. It certainly helped me stay in shape and kept me physically active during the Winters. I actually got more into going to the gym during the weeks because I wanted to stay in shape and work my core. My train of thought was like "oh it's raining all week, MORE SNOW on the slopes!"

As spring rolls around, the blue bird days are amazing... Relaxing in the sun drinking beer or harder cider to numb the body at the end of the day... Or just getting into hiking early spring, it will last through summer! I know a lot of Navy guys that get stationed in Everett... They're from the midwest or east coast... They don't know what to do until they start looking for the positive Winter activities.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote