View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 09:28 PM   #40
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
'Cancel Culture at its finest' is what gets me.

Here's how it looks:

1.) You are a customer of theirs
2.) You are friends of theirs
3.) You have not gone to the dude's IG and seen the posts

Could be one or all of those things. Again, read the dude's IG posts. He is getting the information from a myriad of sources. He has listed multiple cases and multiple probabilities: shitty inspectors in Japan, less-than-honest sellers in Japan, and even bad inspections altogether.

My personal favorite:

"Well bro, it's Japan lmaoooo."

Nah.

If you are in the business of importing cars, you are in the business of knowing shit about the auctions and the paperwork. The fact is that they are saying they can't possibly know the history when they are asked...and yes, dude...they have been asked according to most of the buyers. Due diligence means different things to different people (I guess), but these people are asking and being lied to.

Is it on them for still buying? Yes.
Is JC still lying to customers outright? Yes.

I don't like young, dumb kids either. It's ironic to think I'm in here defending them for being naive, but wrong is wrong no matter how fucking lame your 'prey' is.

I'll spell it out simple: these shitty sellers are taking advantage of young people AND blowing up the market for the rest of us.

Shit sells in Japan long enough, the price of shit will go up.
The price of shit goes up. the price of decent goes up.
The price of decent goes up, the price of super nice cars goes up.
...and then somewhere down the line you have R34 GTRs going for ludicrous prices and everything in between.

If this isn't a concern to anyone that's still fucking around with old Japanese cars, then I don't know what to say. This thread is to tell people to steer clear, get them in the correct mindset, and stop them from buying from cats like this.

Last edited by dizzariot; 04-19-2021 at 07:17 AM..
dizzariot is offline   Reply With Quote