View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 06:35 AM   #57
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post

Thank you for actually responding to what I said. Respect, and good points.

You're a collector, and you're failing to realize that these cars are great machines for certain motorsports that people enjoy. You need to realize that people actually DRIVE these cars. In your mind - Anyone that takes their car to a track or does ANY modification is turning it into a piece of shit, when in reality they're bettering their driving skill and enjoying their car. You're so detached from the reality of driving and enjoying the car you own. You need to realize that some people enjoy operating their machine as much as they enjoy looking at perfect pinch welds. The fact that it happens to be an old car that is going up in value doesn't erase the enjoyment people get from using them. OPEN YOUR MIND MAN. Most people would be stoked to own Economix's "piece of shit" because they could fix it in a weekend, and enjoy the car. The alternative is looking at their bent exhaust and worn subframe bushings and kicking rocks at their ruined car.

I realize you're going to glance over everything I just said to find a section that has nothing to do with what I'm saying, so don't bother responding unless you're going to entertain the fact that you're completely ignoring the fact that not everyone buying these cars is a collector...and JC is not advertising them as collector cars. You're sensationalizing things man, recognize it and deal with it.

I'm not advocating for JC, just trying to get some actual facts going if people are going to start a thread like this. Tired of people blindly taking people's words as absolute truth when there is zero context for some of these accusations. I'd be right along side you guys, but this thread is no grounds to come anywhere near a conclusion.
One thing I'd like to point out: no one is bashing anyone for buying a track car. Now we're arguing what sort of condition JC in particular seems to be advertising. Brother, they are not advertising cars as-is.

Dude you thanked me for responding to you, now can you please look at the evidence on IG? I really think that with ALL the points you're brining up, you haven't looked anything up...and you wouldn't be disagreeing so much if you saw some of this stuff. You also don't address whether you have or not. Again, it's required reading for this thread...and once more it is not just SChassics cars. Hell, there's a story about a Landcruiser that should clear things up.

EDIT:

Fuck it. I'll show you:

EDIT EDIT:

Here's the actual description from a 180SX in question. You can look up the bullshit on this one, too. Please note the constant reiteration that the car is all original for being 28yrs old, and the plausible deniability that they miraculously did not know the mileage as it was listed at the auction.

There's no arguing that Nissan's S chassis is one of the most versatile platforms out there. This also explains why we get requests every day for them. With its lightweight body and potent turbocharged two-liter engine, it makes for a killer combination. We try to bring in a wide variety, from bone stock to over the top. Our most recent '93 one happens to fall a bit closer to the stock than not category. For instance, the exterior has been kept pretty much all OEM since these have such an iconic look, to begin with. Super Black (KH3) is always a classic choice and looks great. Overall the paint is in good shape with only your typical little blemishes that anything 28 years old is bound to amass. The same can be said about the bodywork though you're always going to find some small door dings and things of the sort. The previous owner did swap out the wheels for something a bit more exciting than the ones Nissan opted for. A set of 17" split-spoke wheels wrapped in fresh rubber gives it a bit more aggressive tone without getting too crazy.

Much like the bodywork, the interior has been kept largely all stock. Overall it has been kept up with well, however, there are a few typical flaws that you would expect to find in a 28-year-old car. The dash for instance does have the typical S-chassis cracks hence the dash mat. The driver's seat has been upgraded to a far more supportive Bride Brix that still retains the adjustability of the stock one so you can still find a comfortable driving position. The passenger seat has also been upgraded to a more supportive S14 seat which looks right at home. Both seats are stain free which is nice, however, the driver's seat does suffer from the typical bolster breakdown from getting in and out. The back seats look great which is typical since most don't want to cram back there in the first place. The 3 spoke Nardi wheel with matching Lonza shift knob are is a nice touch that really does look right at home in these. Otherwise, the rest of the stock interior has all of the basic amenities of the time. Power windows, power mirrors, automatic climate control, and all present and functioning as you'd expect.

Pop the hood and you'll find the iconic redtop SR20DET. The Aluminum 2.0 liter has become an icon, and not only in the S Chassis world. Unlike all of the USDM models that have to undergo a transplant, the JDM spec vehicles came from the factory with the proper motor choice. There's no wonder why the larger KA is routinely ditched in favor of this lightweight powerhouse. With a quick turn of the key, the four-cylinder jumps to life and is surprisingly quiet through the stock exhaust. The turbo spools quickly and has no trouble pulling to that 7.5K redline without thinking twice. The 5-speed shifts with ease and the clutch is very forgiving for those inevitable traffic jams you'll run into on your way to work. The stock gearbox is nicely gated and provides a very crisp engagement. The stock suspension has no issue with handling all those "well-maintained" taxpayer roads. Of course, since the S13 was sold here stateside there's no shortage of available options if you want to put on a good set of coilovers and dial the car down a bit. While the mileage on the cluster reads 146K miles that mileage was not verified which leads us to believe the cluster was swapped at some point in time. Based on how strong the motor feels and the overall condition the mileage is of little concern in our book. All of the routine service work has been performed to make sure the car is running in tip-top shape. We replaced the front main seal along with the serpentine belts and water pump while in there. We also replaced the front right lower control arm as well just for good measure. Nissan hit a home run with this platform and consequently built it for nearly a decade. With easy-to-find parts and wide aftermarket support, this Nissan would be an ideal daily driver or a new project to wrench on. Its lines have never gone out of style, the motor has become a legend, and the drive backs it all up; the S13 truly has stood the test of time as a proper Japanese Classic.

bigs, dude, I'm sorry man. If you can ignore this shit after this post, then we gotta agree to disagree. We don't have to hate each other, but I really think you telling me I'm 'sensationalizing' this shit with 'zero context' is uncalled for. If you are gonna refute the shit I just posted, then I don't have much else to say to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by economix View Post
As typical, you guys turned a decent thread into bickering trash. Don't reference me in your comments please, keep me out of your pissing contest.

I was here to simply provide feedback about my experience, which I can say is clearly more than what most of you offered having none yourself with JC and just spewing hearse or IG post relays. I did not provide my feedback to be ridiculed or judged by a bunch of wanna be better than you super purists. You guys continue to make Zilvia a place I choose not to visit anymore because a simply discussion turns into this sorta shit. Maybe stay on topic? Maybe don't dig at each other? IDK, but as usual, this went to shit fast.

You're welcome to reply and talk more shit, just know I won't. You've made it clear there's no real value in your discussions and therefore you have no power or value to me or anyone else reading to this point. Enjoy your circle jerking.
Dude...you have been referenced. If you are talking to me, please see my other thread about OEM+ cars. If you are talking to Corbic, he is one user commenting here and if you're too frail to continue a discussion when ONE person is mean to you, then please, enjoy the Facebook Groups. Most of the other users generally agree that these importers are selling snake oil.

EDIT:

To make my stance abundantly clear, thank you for sharing your post. I am not turning my nose up at you, if you're happy I don't care, man...really.