View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 08:08 AM   #11
Clubvoid

Trader Rating: (0)
Clubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really niceClubvoid is just really nice
Meanwhile started on prepping the Vanquish hood spoiler. It had some small cracks which were filled with strong fibreglass filler.
Sanded the rest and used some filler to make it smooth.
Paint turned out okay. I just used some paint matched base and 2k clear in a spray can.
Also got out my 2005 Sony Cybershot camera. Very cool to see the difference in colour versus Iphone pictures.

I ordered a new front bumper as the current Origin stylish bumper was a little worse for wear. Around this time I knew what direction and style I wanted to go with the car.
So I got an Origin Streamline front bumper.
Looks just a little more agressive and GT like which is what i wanted.
Did a little testfit. Looked awesome.
Also very cool to run this without any canards. Which is cool because I can go a tad lower ofcourse.

Now the real changes began. Bought myself a Koyorad radiator since I was preparing for a drift weekend in Poland in the summer of 2022.
So best to just be safe and have some extra cooling power.
Got me a cool HPI air filter since the old one was well old... lol.
Also started getting my first steering angle mods!
Got myself a pair of Partshop Max super angle S14 knuckles.
I already had S14 lca's and knuckles so I just made it easy for myself and went S14 everything for the front.
Besides the knuckles i got Driftworks extended tie rods and Driftworks kinked tension rods. Also got some fresh balljoints in the lca's while i was at it.
(ignore the brake line situation lol)

Also started on finally getting rid of that horrid intercooler setup.
Sadly CA18 intercooler kits are so uncommon it was really hard to get anything in time for the drift event in Poland.

So I started to piece together a kit of my own.
Using a generic S13 intercooler kit. Well nothing actually from that kit.
All the pipes did not go in the direction they had to.
What did fit was the intercooler core and the mounting tabs.
It was a nice solid big intercooler core so I decided to keep that.

Piping wise I ordered a S13 SR20 piping kit and mocking up the cold side of that kit was very promising.
It didn' quite fit but was very close. I ended up gettting 2 of those cold side pipes cut and welded a little shorter and made it fit.
Hot side was a different story ofcourse. Since the S13 SR20 has that intake manifold throttle body situated at the bottom.
The CA18 has a forward facing manifold much like the S14/15 SR20.
A friend of mine used a S14 hot side pipe on his CA and that was very close so i tried the same. It fit very nice and even cleared the battery!
I did have to extend the intercooler side connecting to the S14 pipe but that was quite easy.

( S13 SR20 piping not cut and shortened)

As you maybe noticed by the vinyl on the headlight caps. My new livery was done and cut. Designed by @sorcerergraphics .
We wanted to go for a 2006-2007 D1SL Origin demo car vibe and I think we succeeded.
Never had to place so much vinyl at once.
Definitely done with vinyl work for quite some time lol.. Very time consuming and stressful.

Poland time ! New bumper got painted just in time.
Loading up the car at this height wasn't fun lol.
Definitely will raise it next time like we did on the journey back. Saved us an hour and a half.
Had an absolute amazing time in Poland. We went with the whole Polderlife crew who brought amazing cars of their own. Got to meet Kamil and see his S13 again ( last time was Next Level 2019 ).

The car was an absolute machine. This event was the first shakedown of the new angle and steering setup since I didn't had time to drift it before. The Pbm knuckles are very smooth and fast! Perfect setup for my driving style.
Water and oil temps were always what they were supposed to be and the CA didn't skip a beat!
Only thing that bothered me is the rattle of my shortshifter.
I will go back to stock again soon.
I got so much seat time at this event and did my first real tandems.
Feels so good to improve your driving.

Next few months after the event I didn't really do anything with the car. Mainly because it had to pass inspection again since it had expired.
Car went to a bodyshop to get all of the rust fixed. Left frame rail was quite bad but the car is solid again now. After the rust fix i started to get the car ready for inspection again.

I did notice my toe on the rear would change from time to time. Went to check that out and it did not have the correct bolts and washers so it could just move in the eccentric hole. Very sketchy.
So I made an eccentric lockout kit by myself because I wasn't keen on spending 80+ dollars on a kit from gktech.
After I passed inspection, I lowered the car back down and got all the adjustable arms back on.

Clubvoid is offline   Reply With Quote