View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 06:55 PM   #23
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
I guess I suck.

Given the absurd lead times for the parts I was trying to source, I could've been 10x richer had I went all in on the ~20 or so tech companies I currently own stock in.

But whatever, if there's no profit for me then there's no point spending time to provide parts for a community that doesn't give a shit, they just move from one lowest cost vendor to the next.
...no one said you suck?

He stated that a reasonable mark-up for time spent and services is totally understandable.

He was speculating that someone bought parts from you (for a decent price) and then marked them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTER-M View Post
I agree, completely. It's something I have talked about before - but the shift from a community that watched out for each other to a way to flip and make money has been... unfortunate. That isn't to say it is illegal or frowned upon to make a few dollars off of parts. It's cool, within reasonable inflation limits. But people who just scrape up everything to hoard and sell are not doing any favors in the scene. Just look at what is happening in Japan. The scene is falling apart because they can't even get parts anymore, as everything is bought and shipped out. Same with the cards. Profit, profit, profit. Dude who runs Y-Plate talked about this in a video, that he won't be importing cars for much longer, because he doesn't think they are worth it to sell them for that high. He doesn't think it's a smart investment and feels it is morally wrong.