Thread: My SR20VET...
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #46
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Yessir! Wilwoods are the SHIT. Keep the updates coming!
This will be my first time using them, but I have heard great things about them and I'm looking forward to it. Updates you say? It's been a short minute, but I have something...

As usual, life happens and I've been busy with it. I've worked on the car here and there trying to cross things off the long "to do" list.

I took my R32 GTR seat and rear seats to get re-upholstered. They will match my Status bucket in charcoal suede. I had the guy make the center sections of the seats look as close to the bucket as possible. I need to pull my door cards to get them over there as well.

Anyway moving on, I've been wanting to add some shrouding around my oil cooler to direct air through it, rather than letting air run all around it. As you can see in the pictures below, it sits behind my grill inlet. This seemed like the most logical place to put it so it has a constant source of fresh, cool air, rather than behind the intercooler and getting sloppy seconds. I finished the shrouding up last week after a lot of designing, drawing, redesigning and such. I have yet to test for hood latch clearance, but since I'll be running an aerocatch setup, it won't hurt my feelings if I have to cut the latch off.

I finally recieved the rest of my parts to finish the oil catch can setup. I'm using an exhaust venturi to pull vacuum on the entire system. I got that welded into my downpipe and the necessary fittings organized and together to finalize it. I just need to crawl under the car and hook it up.

As stated in my last post I've been working on the relocation of the engine bay fuse box and all the associated fun with that. I finalized the location of the box this past week. I really didn't want to reinvent the wheel and completely redo the entire harness. Everything worked the way it was from the factory so, I'm going to keep it as is. I'll just lengthen some wiring here and there to have it terminate in it's original fashion. I like where it ended up, hidden and out of the way.

I don't use the jack that came with the car nor do I have a spare in it, so I utilized the factory bracket that held the jack to help hold the box. I hacked the bottom portion of the fuse box off and used a piece of scrap aluminum we have at the shop to rivet to it. Then I mocked everything up, marked, clamped, cut and viola! Wiring will recommence soon.

Mounted up and hidden....

I still have a lot of work left to do. As always I'll update as often as possible. I travel at times for work so I'm not always getting things done. Thanks for looking.